Very Berry Parfait Biscuits with Yogurt Frosting
by Emily Scott
(Thousand Oaks, California)
Whole Wheat Flour -- 1 cup
Oatmeal-- 1/3 Cup
Vegetable Oil-- 1 tbsp.
Cranberry Juice-- 1/4 cup
Low Fat Milk-- 2 Tbsp.
Dried Strawberry Bits-- 1/4 cup
Cream Cheese—8 Oz.
Plain Yogurt—2 Tbsp.
White Flour—About 3 Tbsp.
What You Will Need:
Sheet of Silicone Mini Baking Molds
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Mix dry ingredients (flour, oatmeal, dried strawberries) together in a large bowl, then add the vegetable oil, cranberry juice, eggs, and milk.
3) Mix thoroughly together until it forms a sticky consistency.
4) Knead the dough into small firm balls (sizes will vary according to the size of the baking molds) and pack them firmly -but not too tightly- into the molds of your baking pan.
You may also use cookie cutters if you prefer. If so, knead the dough into a firm ball and roll it out flat until it is about ¼ of an inch thick. Press firmly down on your chosen cookie cutter, but avoid jittering it around. If you jitter the cookie cutter, the shape of the cookie will not be formed properly and may break apart after it’s baked.
5) Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and firm. Let cool completely before removing from pan or decorating.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen biscuits.
1) Mix wet ingredients together (Cream Cheese, Yogurt) until they are completely smooth. Sprinkle in one Tbsp. of flour at a time until it’s of spreading consistency.
2) Spread over the desired area and sprinkle with the dried strawberry bits.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to FAVORITE Dog Treat Recipes.