Using cranberries and yogurt in dog treats
Teka....in seach of that special treat
When I lived in Oregon there was a dog bakery in a town called Grants Pass. It was a dog wash/bakery. Anyway they had these treats/cookies made with cranberries and yogurt that my dog just adored. I have since moved down to Southern California and cannot find anything like these or manage to duplicate the recipe. Any ideas?
Chef's Answer ~ Teka is adorable! I love that expression! :)
Unfortunately I do not have any dog treat recipes with cranberries on my website yet, but I do have several recipes in my file. Here's one that I think sounds great, and will fit Teka's needs:
Cranberry & Honey Dog Cookies
- 1/8 cup applesauce
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a medium bowl, stir together the applesauce, canola oil, vanilla, honey, and eggs.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the cinnamon, flour, and oats.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the honey mixture. Stir until combined.
- Fold in the dried cranberries.
- Lightly knead, roll, and cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
I hope Teka likes these cookies, I look forward to trying this recipe myself! :)
As far as the yogurt is concerned, I'm thinking you could melt yogurt chips and drizzle it on top of the cookies for that creamy texture and taste.
Happy Dog Treat Baking! :)