Orange Layer Dog Biscuits
1 ½ cup Rolled Oats
3 ½ cups Whole-Wheat Flour (fine ground)
¼ cup Peanut Butter (smooth)
¾ cup Honey
¼ cup Pureed Carrot
1 tbs. Cinnamon
¼ cup Cooked and Pureed Pumpkin Flesh
Parsley, Basil, Rosemary, Mint,or several
1 tsp. Dried Ginger Powder
1. Mix honey, cinnamon, and peanut butter in a large bowl.
2. Slowly stir in pureed veggies, then stir in oats and flour. Knead into dough.
3. If necessary, add a sprinkling of water or flour to create desired consistency.
4. Place on floured counter and roll out, about ½ inch thick. Cut out shapes with desired cookie cutter. Leave the biscuits in the cookie cutter for next step!
5. Cover each biscuit in one of the herbs. Then top the biscuit with a layer of dough. It should shape correctly if still in cookie cutter. Repeat as many times as you like. Always have the first and last layer be dough, as the herbs will otherwise burn.
6. Bake at 375 degrees F/Gas 5 for 20 minutes, or until cookies are slightly firm.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to FAVORITE Dog Treat Recipes.